The 11th European Finite Element Fair
May 31 - June 01 2013, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Participants in the EFEF 2013 are expected to arrange their own accommodation. A list of recommended hotels near the city center follows. Mention that you are visiting the University of Crete on the occasion of EFEF2013 to get a special rate.
- Astoria Hotel, Eleftheria Square. Tel: +30 2810 343080-2, Fax: +30 2810 229078
- Atlantis Hotel, 2 Igias Str. Tel: +30 2810 229103, Fax: +30 2810 226265
- Atrion Hotel, 9 Chronaki Str. Tel: +30 2810 246000 (Reservations), Fax: +30 2810 223292
- El Greco Hotel, 4 '1821' Str. Tel: +30 2810 281071-5, Fax: +30 2810 281072
- Kastro Hotel, 22 Theotokopoulou Str. Tel: +30 2810 284185, +30 2810 285020, Fax: +30 2810 223622
- Lato Hotel, 15 Epimenidou Str. Tel: +30 2810 334955 (Reservations), Fax: +30 2810 240350
- Perla Apartments, Agia Pelagia. Tel: +30 2810 811034, Fax: +30 2810 811012
Perla Apartments is located 17km away from the conference site and you should make your own arrangements for transportation to the conference site.
Getting to Heraklion
The Nikos Kazantzakis airport (HER) of Heraklion can be reached throughout the year from Athens and other major Greek cities by daily flights of Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air. During the summer period (mid April till end of October) charter flights to Heraklion arrive from most major European cities. These may be cheaper than regularly scheduled flights. Check with your travel agent. Flight time to/from Athens is about 40min.
Getting to the University of Crete
EFEF2013 will take place in the Student Center Audіtorium of the University of Crete, Voutes Campus. Taxi drivers should have no problems finding it. Make sure you mention the Voutes campus. Expect to pay 13-15 euros if leaving form the city center. If using public transportation, get on bus number 8 (destination reads "ITE") from the bus station in front of the Astoria Hotel and get off at the University bus stop. Bus number 8 leaves the Astoria Hotel bus stop at 07.30, 08.40, 11.40, 14.15, 15.15, 17.30, 19.50 and 21:25. Bus number 11 (destination reads "ΠΑΓΝΗ") also serves the Voutes Campus of the University of Crete. It leaves the Astoria Hotel bus stop at 06.30 and every hour on the hour starting at 08.00 and ending at 19.00. Once at the university bus stop follow the blue route on the following map to reach the Student Center and/or ACMAC.